Every year all commodities and services generally rise. Junk removal is one such service. But what’s happening in the junk removal industry. Are prices going up or sideways? Let’s see a detailed breakdown on average junk removal costs.
The junk removal companies generally come to your house or company and clean and clear your clutter, haul away your heavy equipment and furniture, load them on their vehicles and take it to landfills. Sometimes it may take days to clear and also many trips to the landfill. Then they even offer after cleaning services. Your time and energy are saved in the process and in turn, trash removal companies near me ask a price for it.
You will initially take an estimate pricing from the company. The estimate will be dependent on the amount of clutter you have. Generally, the minimum price will be $80 and the maximum will be approx. $580.
Each company charges differently. They may charge:
- By single heavy equipment or furniture: The company may charge $40 to $150 depending on how heavy the equipment is.
- By truck load: A single truck load will be $50 to $400. This price also depends on how full a truck load is. The minimum amount is for 1/8th of a truck full while the maximum is for a full truck load.
Some may offer all the services in a single payment while some take separate payments for each task.
The Breakdown of Costs
- The vehicle charge includes petrol, maintenance, trips to and fro and distance traveled. This would be estimated at around $ 150 to $200.
- The labor costs which is directly proportional to the amount of work. They will move, pick and haul your heavy equipment and load them on your dumpsters. It will be around $50 to $70 per person.
- The landfill fee will be $130 to $180 which includes 2 to 3 trips, manpower to haul away and the type of junk.
- The time and energy costs will be $150 to $250.
- Garbage Removal: This will be according to area and is mostly $15 to $50 per month.
- Junk removal cost: This includes your furniture, heavy equipment and appliances and will be around $80 to $580 according to the work.
- Hazardous waste: This includes many cleaning agents, certain gas, medical waste and even some E-waste such as hazardous batteries. These require careful disposal or it will cause harm to the environment. The company will charge around $350 to $500.
- Recyclables: Many things will be recyclable in your junk. Sorting and separating the recyclables out and then dropping it off to the respective recycling companies also requires time, energy and hassle. The cost will be around $300 to $500.
- Compost: You should place a compost bin outside your house where you should discard all the food waste and yard waste. This will cost around $60 to $90.
- Construction waste: This will be around $250 depending on the amount of debris and waste.
- Extra costs: These include the dumpster rental price, the company charges, the customer service and other things and will be around $100 to $150.
It may seem to you that these companies are unfair in charging prices but in actual their junk removal cost and prices are fair.
Note: Price figures are approximating.