We all have the potential to overwork, and we all need to unwind sometimes! Here’s where massage comes in handy! It’s a viable option to alleviate your back and neck discomfort while still providing you with peace of mind.
People in the United States visit massage therapists 230 million times a year, and 88 percent believe massage can help pain relief, especially in the back. So, let’s have a look at some of the best massage for upper back and neck pai you can use before you look for the “best massage guns”.
Use A Tennis Ball to Relieve Back Pain
Back pain can be caused by various factors, the most common of which are muscle overuse and poor posture. You should try a tennis ball massage to ease the discomfort. Just a couple of tennis balls are needed to alleviate your back and alleviate the pain!
- Lay down flat on your stomach. Knees should be bowed, and feet should be flat on the ground.
- Lift your hips and put two tennis balls under your lower back.
- Hold your breath for 60 seconds.
You will use the balls to hit various muscle groups and locate different stress points by turning them around. You can, for example, step down and up. Avoid rolling over or pressing your neck against the tennis ball.
Use A Hot Towel to Relieve Pain in The Neck & Back
Only a towel is needed for this massage! Simply warm your towel and use it to ease your back pain when it is still warm. To do this, you must:
- Begin by twisting a soft towel into a thick braid-like shape.
- Tuck one end behind your neck and keep the other in each hand.
- Add mild pressure to the band when you rub it up and down your body.
- You can replicate the procedure two or three times more.
Relieve Pain in The Upper Back
The muscles in your upper back work very hard, and you will sometimes release pain by yourself. To start, you must:
- Stand up straight.
- Slightly lower the left arm to add pressure to the bothersome spot.
- Continue to exert pressure until the trigger point releases. Give each spot at least 30 seconds of your time.
- Apply pressure on other target points when you move around the muscles around the scapula. However, take caution not to put too much pressure.
Use Pressure Points to Relax & Relieve Tension in The Shoulders and Spine
Does it really work? In 9 out of 10 studies, acupressure and reflexology were shown to be effective at mitigating pain. Your control points that are linked to your back can be massaged. You should use these points to calm the spine, back, or whole-body, including the back and neck.
- You don’t need to be in a hurry. Take your time and do it.
- Take a cozy seat or lay back.
- Take it easy. Close your eyes and take a deep breath.
- Apply deep pressure in spinning or up-and-down movements.
Now that you know about the best massage for upper back and neck pain you need, what kind of massage do you prefer?