Baking soda is one of those ubiquitous products we have around the house but may not even realize. You can find it in any kitchen drawer, at your local grocery store or supermarket.
You also see it on the sidewalks and walkways outside our homes and businesses. Baking soda is a practical, inexpensive, and easy-to-use DIY tile and grout cleaner.
Before Googling’ tile and grout cleaning and repair near me, here are five ways to use baking soda as a DIY tile and grout cleaner.
5 DIYs with Baking Soda
Here are five ways that you can use baking soda to clean your tile and grout:
- Make a paste: Mix equal parts baking soda and water to form a paste. Apply the paste to your tile and grout and let it sit for a few minutes. Now, scrub the area with a brush or a sponge and rinse clean water.
- Sprinkle it on: Another way to use baking soda is to sprinkle it on your tile and grout and then scrub the area with a brush or a sponge. Cleanse the area with water when you’re finished.
- Add it to your cleaning solution: If you’re using a commercial tile and grout cleaner, you can mix a cup of baking soda into the solution. This will help to boost the cleaning power of the solution.
- Make a vinegar solution: Vinegar is another natural cleaning agent used to clean tile and grout. Mix equal quantity vinegar and water and use it to scrub your tile and grout.
- Soak it up: You can also use baking soda to absorb spills and stains on your tile and grout. Sprinkle some baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) on the stain, then wait a few minutes before cleaning with it. Now, vacuum up the baking soda, and the stain will disappear!
How to Clean Tile and Grout with Baking Soda Without Any Damage?
Baking soda is a common household cleaning agent on many surfaces, including grout. While baking soda is generally safe to use on grout, it is important to be aware that it can potentially damage the grout if it is not used correctly.
- If you’re thinking about using baking soda to clean your grout, you should try it first on a tiny patch to be sure it won’t harm anything. Once you have confirmed that it is safe to use, you can proceed with cleaning the rest of the grout.
- When cleaning grout with baking soda, it is important to ensure that the baking soda is fully dissolved in water before applying it to the grout. This will help to avoid any potential damage. When the baking soda dissolve, use a sponge or brush to apply it to the grout.
- After applying the baking soda to the grout, you should give it some time to absorb into the grout by letting it rest there. After a few minutes, you can scrub the grout with a brush to remove dirt or grime.
- After scrubbing the grout, you should rinse it with clean water to remove any residue. Once the grout is clean, you can dry it off with a towel or let it air dry.
Baking soda is fantastic if you look for a safe and effective way to clean your grout. Just be sure to apply it correctly to avoid any potential damage. So, before doing tile grout cleaning and repair near me, keep these things in your mind that I mentioned above.